Movie Review: Catching Fire

Monday, November 25, 2013

| | |









This past Saturday night, my sister and I made our way over to Fairfax Corner (SO beautiful there!  Chrismas decor is already up) to see Catching Fire!  We both read the books and already knew what to expect.  I've been anxious for months to see it.  It was definitely worth the wait.

The movie is 2 1/2 hours long but it kept me entertained the whole way through.
I thought I'd never say it, but thanks to the movie bringing the book to life, I lean towards the movie being better out of the two.
I believe that fans of the books and the first movie left very pleased with the second movie.  You can tell that a lot more money was put into creating Catching Fire.  Being able to see Panem and the other districts along with the Capitol was just perfect.





"Katnip" Katniss Everdeen is my hero.
She's so badass.  I love her character!
What a great actress she is, I see an awesome career for her ahead.




Cinna the *Capitol Stylist* is also one of my favs.  He takes such good care of Katniss and watches over her.
"Remember Girl on Fire, I'm still betting on you."





There were a lot of new characters introduced into Catching Fire.  I would say my favorite newbie would be Finnick (and not just because he's pretty.)  Without giving too much away, the Quarter Quell is where he showed how "good" he was especially when saving a Peeta's life.


  



All in all this movie get's my ***** stars.
The ending has had me and everyone else in the theater wanting more.
The third book was my least favorite out of the three for a couple of reasons.  Though I'm sure the movie(s?) will be awesome.
















0 comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE and thank you so much for all of your comments! :)