Sweet Potato Recipes. It's just about that time again!
Wednesday, August 29, 2012| Wednesday, August 29, 2012 | Posted by Stephanie Garcia | Comments: (6)
Tuesday, August 28, 2012| Tuesday, August 28, 2012 | Posted by Stephanie Garcia | Comments: (1)
I got another award!
I actually received this from two fabulous bloggers:
Ugochi from Teshuva
Neisa from Luca Loo and Whoopdie Doo
Thank you ladies very much for making me feel so special.
The Liebster (a German word meaning dearest) Awards is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is given to up and coming bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. It is a way to acknowledge and encourage each other, and a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs who deserve a larger audience.
Here are the tasks one must complete after receiving the Liebster Award:
1) Each person must list 11 things about themselves.
2) Answer the 11 questions that the tagger has set for you PLUS you MUST create 11 questions of your own for the 11 people you will nominate with the award.
3) Choose up to 11 bloggers linking them to your post.
4) Go to their pages and inform them of the nominations.
5) Absolutely NO tag backs.
6) Remember to ONLY tag bloggers with less than 200 followers.
Eleven Things About Me!
1. I got married to my Best Friend/Baby Daddy on March 31, 2012!
2. I love Bolivian food. (My Husbands family is from there.)
3. I've worked at a country club for over seven years and still haven't ever picked up a golf club yet.
4. I worry about everything! I wish there was a pill that would just zap it away.
5. I love running!
6. I don't like cooking. I wish I was one of those people that loved doing it... I'd rather get carry out every night (oh wait, we've been doing that lately. So bad!)
7. I've lived in Northern Virginia all my life except for two years I lived in Southwest Georgia (where Phillip Phillips is from!)
8. Over four months I have been smoke free.
9. I help my Hubs run a Party Rental business called The Moonbounce Man. Check it out! Business is great in our area and hoping for it to be paid off soon.
10. If you give me too many shots, I turn into a crazy lady. So don't do it!
11. My new addiction: My Kindle Fire
Here are the eleven questions Neisa asked her nominees:
1) What did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a cop! Then I got to high school, hated it, caused trouble in my YA life and so that dream disappeared.
2) If you could go on vacation anywhere for free, where would you go?
On a cruise with my Hubs since that's my dream Honeymoon.
3) What is your favorite meal to cook?
Anything that's fast and easy! I really wished I enjoyed cooking... maybe one day.
4) Have you tried a Pinterest recipe or craft? Did it come out as good as the Pin/Pinner's? Feel free to share the link.
One of my bridesmaids and I made Tissue Pom Poms for my wedding reception. They were pink and super cute!
I've also tried different smoothies. I pinned tons of easy recipes recently so hopefully I'll get the motivation to try them out soon!
Anywhere close to a nice beach!
6) Coffee or Tea?
Depends on the season!
7) Favorite movie?
I don't really have a favorite!
8) What are you reading now?
9) Do you tweet? If so, feel free to share your name.
I do not tweet. I have a twitter account that I haven't logged into in about two years! I'm just not interested in it. Though I am a facebook freak... go like me here- The Backwards Bride
10) Are you hooked on reality tv? If so, what is your favorite show.
Yet again, I don't have a favorite... BUT I do love some reality TV. Which reminds me that the Teen Mom finale is on tonight. Sad face!
Don't judge me.
11) Are you a parent? If so, what is the one thing no one warned you about?
Yes! I have a beautiful three year old girl named Briana. I plaster her photos in most of my posts.
Things no one warned me about (or I plainly just closed my ears to...)
-Postpartum depression. Not everyone goes through it but I believe I had it for at least the first year of my daughters life... now I'm just bitchy at times HAH! Another story for another time.
-Your friendships change. I lost a ton of friends that are now just acquaintances because I started a new chapter in my life. Honestly it took me awhile to get used to that! But I wouldn't change a thing.
Here are my nominees!!
1. Bee at (Bee)autiful Blessings
2. Lisa at Organized Chaos
3. Brigid at Babbling Bridge
4. Audrey at Break It, Make It, or Bake It
5. Kimberly at Diary of a Diva Mom
6. Kate at Kate As of Late
7. Lucy at Lucy The Valiant
8. Pamela at Macdonald's Playland
9. Jennifer at My Not So Glamorous Life
10. Kaitlyn at Wifessionals
11. Amy at Carriage Before Marriage
MY Questions to the nominees:
1. What was the reason of starting your blog?
2. What is the most important advice that you've learned so far in your blogging career?
3. What are you reading at the moment?
4. What advice would you give to new parents?
5. What are your personal goals in life for yourself? *Not talking about for your kids or Husband (if you have them.) YOU.
6. Have you gone on vacation this Summer? If so, where?
7. What is your favorite season?
8. What sort of social networking do you use? (Facebook, Pinterest, etc.)
9. Do you exercise? If so, what is your favorite workout?
10. Have you or do you have any bad habits that were/are hard to quit?
11. Would you change anything about yourself?
| Tuesday, August 28, 2012 | Posted by Stephanie Garcia | Comments: (2)
Book Description from Amazon.com:
The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate percentage of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance between her and the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend America, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand. Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the charming college co-ed. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his charms, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’ apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.
If I had a *Top Ten* List...
This book would be on it!
I started this book on a Thursday night and read until 4AM. I was hooked literally by the second page.
I finished by Saturday night. If I wasn't a working mom, it would have been done way sooner!
Beautiful Disaster has it all...
*And a little bit-o-sex
There was not a dull moment! I enjoyed the crazy roller coaster around Abby & Travis. Just when you think it's evened out, Abby's past comes to bite her in the ass and BAM! another crazy ride. It was totally unexpected. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.
Except for Abby's snotty roommate, all the characters were great.
I love how Jamie McGuire played Abby out to be so innocent and Travis so rebellious at first.
It gets my Five ***** Stars!
Beautiful Disaster is classified as YA... but I would recommend it to mature audiences that can handle raw, rough language and sexyness.
GO you. Get it on your Kindle STAT.
I just found out they're making it a movie... so Hurry!!
Linking up with:
Friday, August 24, 2012| Friday, August 24, 2012 | Posted by Stephanie Garcia | Comments: (10)
Last Sunday I fainted at work...
Before that occurred, I started seeing spots which turned into flashing lights then turning into blurry tunnel vision. Next thing I knew my vision was closing into darkness, my hands became numb and I knew what was going to happen next. I got on my hands and knees and then I was O U T. I've had a few incidents in the past where I would faint due to getting over-heated.
The rest of the evening was fine. I pounded back some water, finished work and went home.
But the next couple of days I felt so weak and wanted to sleep A LOT.
I felt better Wednesday and decided to go to my boot camp work out.
As soon as I got up from doing sit ups it started happening all over again. I didn't want to tell anyone because I was scared to pass out so I just kept trying to talk myself out of it. I seriously battled it out with myself.
Somehow it worked but I had the worst headache once the flashing lights and blurry vision was gone.
The Hubs was upset with me because I didn't tell my instructor (YES, I know idiot.)
We also realized that the last time I fainted, I was 1-2 months pregnant.
I had a First Response test in my *Junk Drawer* and took it.
I paced around the house. On the directions it says it'll take up to five minutes until you can read it. It felt like forever and a day.
Don't get me wrong, I want another baby so so bad... I just wanted to wait at least a couple more months to see what path I'm going down next with my job.
Test = NO.
All the while the Hubs has been telling me, "You're dehydrated. Drink more water."
And I'm thinking, "Come on it's not even that hot outside anymore that can't be it."
I drank a huge bottle of water and the headache disappeared and I was feeling tons better.
GAAA! I hate when the Hubs is right.
I'm just so confused why I didn't have this problem when we were dealing with 100+ hot Summer weather.
Sooo, I downloaded a water app to remind me to drink more water and I shouldn't have any more problems!
All that crazyness mini-panic for nothin'!
Sometimes things in life are just that simple.
| Friday, August 24, 2012 | Posted by Stephanie Garcia | Comments: (3)
YAY! It's Friday!
I never get to say that because I work the double shift every week.
But I have off work...
...And I get the night off from parenting...
Greatest. Thing. EveRR.
We got a new oven.
Almost makes me want to cook something crazy awesome.
I'll get there one of these days, hopefully.
Saw this amazing sign while I was out and about with the family in Fairfax, VA this past week.
It was hanging outside a restaurant called The Wine House.
The name alone caught my attention and hope to go on a *date night* with the Hubs soon!
I have not been a good girl at all this week (besides yesterday) when it comes to eating healthy.
Stuffed jalepeno cheeseburger from The Green Turtle in Fairfax.
First time there and there was no hostess. So we stood around looking stupid until we flagged down a server. Then the service sucked balls (even though we arrived after the dinner rush.)
I've been in the restaurant business for ten years, I know when someones just being a lazy prick!
Let me stop with the bitching.
The food was good though :)
We celebrated my Mother-In-Laws birthday this past week.
Doesn't she look beautiful?? I only hope to be able to keep up with my looks like her when I get older!
I may or may not have gained ten pounds this week.
It's time for Summer to go b/c that's when I gain the most weight...
Come on Fall!
My little booger has been sick this week...
but she still felt the need to dress up!
Yesterday, I decided to really take time on her hair.
Normally I just like to throw it up on her head real quick because she screams
I really enjoyed dolling her up so she might just have to get used to it...
and I'll wear ear plugs.
God blessed me with a beautiful little lady.
In order to leave the store alive, we bought her her very first Umbrella.
My very first Crock Pot.
Anyone have any good, easy recipes for this thing?
Send 'em over!
The soul purpose of our shopping trip.
She's so happy.
Started decorating baby girls room.
We've been living in our town house for four months now.
Better late than never!
Have a great weekend everyone!