Mini-Panic?

Friday, August 24, 2012

| | |




Last Sunday I fainted at work...

Before that occurred, I started seeing spots which turned into flashing lights then turning into blurry tunnel vision.  Next thing I knew my vision was closing into darkness, my hands became numb and I knew what was going to happen next.  I got on my hands and knees and then I was O U T.  I've had a few incidents in the past where I would faint due to getting over-heated.

The rest of the evening was fine. I pounded back some water, finished work and went home.
But the next couple of days I felt so weak and wanted to sleep A LOT.

I felt better Wednesday and decided to go to my boot camp work out.
As soon as I got up from doing sit ups it started happening all over again.  I didn't want to tell anyone because I was scared to pass out so I just kept trying to talk myself out of it.  I seriously battled it out with myself.
Somehow it worked but I had the worst headache once the flashing lights and blurry vision was gone.
SCARY.
The Hubs was upset with me because I didn't tell my instructor (YES, I know idiot.)
We also realized that the last time I fainted, I was 1-2 months pregnant.
I had a First Response test in my *Junk Drawer* and took it.

I paced around the house. On the directions it says it'll take up to five minutes until you can read it.  It felt like forever and a day.
Don't get me wrong, I want another baby so so bad... I just wanted to wait at least a couple more months to see what path I'm going down next with my job.

Test = NO.
PHEW!

All the while the Hubs has been telling me, "You're dehydrated.  Drink more water."
And I'm thinking, "Come on it's not even that hot outside anymore that can't be it."

I drank a huge bottle of water and the headache disappeared and I was feeling tons better.


GAAA!  I hate when the Hubs is right.

I'm just so confused why I didn't have this problem when we were dealing with 100+ hot Summer weather.
Sooo, I downloaded a water app to remind me to drink more water and I shouldn't have any more problems!
All that crazyness mini-panic for nothin'!
Sometimes things in life are just that simple.



















9 comments:

Brigid said...

That's so scary! I'm usually pretty good about drinking water, and am ALWAYS harping on my bf to drink more. Dehyrdration is no joke! I hope you get some rest this weekend and feel better!

Unknown said...

Oh, Steph...that's so scary. I'm always reminding my hubby to drink more water. He complains of massive headaches when he gets home from work, and we realize it's because he doesn't drink enough. Definitely important! I hope you feel better and can get some rest! Glad you're ok!

Jen said...

Good thing I wasn't there Steph! If you hide something like that from me when I get back you'll be in trouble! I'm glad you're feeling better. Sometimes I think when it's less hot we don't take hydration as seriously and forget about it. So it's super important. My midwives have told me to drink 1/2 my bodyweight in ounces of water daily (and not just during pregnancy) It's a better estimate of water need than the standard 8 glasses a day.

Deanna said...

ohmygoodness be careful!
new follower
xo

Unknown said...

I am so bad at drinking water. I really wish I remembered more often but I doubt an app would even help me. I would probably just ignore it. :( The ONLY time I drank the amount of water that I was suppose to was when I was pregnant!

Glad you are doing better now!

I'm a new follower from the Monday Blog hop at The NOT so Secret Confessions of a Second Time Mom. Hope you will come over and check out morethanmommies.net! Especially check out our Sunday Sip feature and see if you would be interested! I'd love to feature you and your blog! Have a great week!

Annie (Lady M) x said...

Hiya, I found your blog on 'blog hops everday' and I am now following you. I have to say that I never thought that not drinking enough water would lead to fainting. That has made me think!

Hope you can stop by my place too!

http://www.thedayafteryesterday.co.uk/

The Jack Chronicles said...

New follower from the GFC Blog Hop! Yikes...hope you are OK now and this is a great reminder to drink more H2O :)

Unknown said...

Wow, yes, lots of water helps with pesky headaches. So do naps :)


www.dawnsdisaster.blogspot.com
Visit anytime!
{All follows are followed back}

pretty little things said...

oh no! you have to stay hydrated for sure!! just discovered your blog and I love it! I'm your newest follower - hope you can check me out too! xo

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

LOVE and thank you so much for all of your comments! :)