I Am A Consignment Mommy

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

| | |
I feel like I need to tell the world that I have an addiction to kid’s consignment sales and shops.  Yes, yes I do.  USED clothing.  It’s one of my biggest obsessions!  Don’t get me wrong, I have bought brand new clothes for Ms. Princess… some things are just too hard to pass up.  But a whole new wardrobe?   Nope, never.  
Before Briana was born I had two baby showers.  Thankfully enough, Steve and I had everything we needed for her and I really didn’t need to start buying clothes for her until she was almost a year old.  Around that time I received a Centreville newsletter in the mail and it had an ad inside for a consignment shop called Kid To Kid.  As soon as I stepped into the store, I fell in love.  PJ’s $2.50?  Pant sets $7.00?  Oh and so many shoes and toys!  All gently used.  I realized what a waste of money it would be to buy brand new items when little people grow so fast.
And so I did my research.  I am now part of many different groups that keep me up to date on seasonal sales which are truly insane.  If you ever go to a consignment sale be prepared to spend at least 3-4 hours just to look through everything and standing in line.  Standing in line is the worst but it’s totally worth it when you have scored on so many items. 
I have this pipe dream that maybe one day I can start my own consignment mommy business.  I like to help others wherever possible, when I can.  Whether I open up my own warehouse or start up something online.  It’s unrealistic at the moment… but I will continue to come up with ideas, draft it out in my head.
For all of my mommy friends out there (and dad’s), here are some great places & sales I have found.  Please do share with me your favorites also!

Little Lords And Ladies

Consignment Mommies

Classy Kids Consignment

Kid To Kid

Just Between Friends Children’s Consignment

Calvary Road Baptist Church Consignment Sale

Last but not least, I belong to a great yahoo group called Freecycle.  A friend of mine raved about it and I finally got on and signed up.  It’s a large group of people in the area you live in that give away FREE stuff.  Mostly kids things but I’ve seen televisions, shoes, kitchenware, and more being offered to give away.  When you see something you want just reply to the message.  If still available they will send you their address and you can go by and scoop it right up.  I have received so many clothes, toys and books for Briana.  I’ve even found nice clothes for myself… ALL free!  So go sign up now:  www.freecycle.org.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE and thank you so much for all of your comments! :)