Fifty Shades of Fucked Upness!

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

| | |

It's the right thing to say about the Fifty Shades Trilogy.

I finally read through all three!





When literature student Anastasia Steele goes to interview young entrepreneur Christian Grey, she encounters a man who is beautiful, brilliant, and intimidating. The unworldly, innocent Ana is startled to realize she wants this man and, despite his enigmatic reserve, finds she is desperate to get close to him. Unable to resist Ana’s quiet beauty, wit, and independent spirit, Grey admits he wants her, too—but on his own terms.

Shocked yet thrilled by Grey’s singular erotic tastes, Ana hesitates. For all the trappings of success—his multinational businesses, his vast wealth, his loving family—Grey is a man tormented by demons and consumed by the need to control. When the couple embarks on a daring, passionately physical affair, Ana discovers Christian Grey’s secrets and explores her own dark desires.


Erotic, amusing, and deeply moving, the Fifty Shades Trilogy is a tale that will obsess you, possess you, and stay with you forever.



My thoughts?
I've never read about so much sexing going on EVERR.
I do have to admit, it was catchy the first couple times...
then it started to get kind of uncomfortable?
I had to hide upstairs in my room away from the Hubs because I didn't want him to see my facial expressions!
I wish I had my Kindle Fire at the time so no one in public knew what I was reading HAH.
Because every woman on the Planet knows.
I even caught one of the oldest women I know (Late seventies) reading it and I was so confused on if I needed to barf or not.

 I thought: If the other two books are going to be like this, I'm not going to waste my time reading them.
There's only so much erotica I can take.

But then something happens toward the end of the book that grabbed my attention, leaving me wanting to know what was going to occur next.
I figured DAMMIT now I gotta read the second one!
Damn you E.L. James, you know exactly what you're doing.



























Daunted by the singular tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house. 

But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and Anastasia learns more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven and demanding Fifty Shades.

While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Anastasia must confront the anger and envy of the women who came before her, and make the most important decision of her life.



After surviving Fifty Shades of Grey...
I have to say that Fifty Shades Darker is my favorite.
It was a fast read,
less sex,
but had more of a story line.

It has also given me knowledge on accessories like- 
butt plugs and nipple clamps.
What? Yeah.

Fantastic bad trashy writing!





One of my favorite things through out the trilogy is Anastasia's 
*Inner Goddess*
CRACKS. ME. UP.





































When unworldly student Anastasia Steele first encountered the driven and dazzling young entrepreneur Christian Grey it sparked a sensual affair that changed both of their lives irrevocably. Shocked, intrigued, and, ultimately, repelled by Christian’s singular erotic tastes, Ana demands a deeper commitment. Determined to keep her, Christian agrees.

Now, Ana and Christian have it all—love, passion, intimacy, wealth, and a world of possibilities for their future. But Ana knows that loving her Fifty Shades will not be easy, and that being together will pose challenges that neither of them would anticipate. Ana must somehow learn to share Christian’s opulent lifestyle without sacrificing her own identity. And Christian must overcome his compulsion to control as he wrestles with the demons of a tormented past.

Just when it seems that their strength together will eclipse any obstacle, misfortune, malice, and fate conspire to make Ana’s deepest fears turn to reality.





I don't know about anyone else but the way Christian talks to Ana is creepy in my mind.
"You are mine.  Always."
Anyone else feel the same?  Quite possessive!  Uncomfortable.
And corny as hell.



I was really excited to start the third book once I finished the second.
Unfortunately it was hard for me to get through. 
It took me like a month to read it.
I really wish there would have been less sex by now.  I'm typing lots of "really's."
It was good, really good towards the end when things started picking up.

As much as I'm downing the book and it really was my least favorite... I was sad once the book was coming to an end.  Anastasia and Christian made it so far in such a short period of time.
The one thing I noticed is at the very end E. L. James rights, "That's all... for now."
DOES THIS MEAN THERE'S MORE TO COME?!
I'm so confused and so done with it all at the same time.
Of course I would read another crazy Fifty Shades.
My emotions toward the trilogy is obviously so mixed and screwed up :)


































3 comments:

Emily said...

I know what you mean! I thought the sex scenes were nice at first but then it's just redundent. I don't need to hear the same stuff over and over again. I started skipping over the sex when I started book 2. I didn't particularly like her writing style since she used the same phrases over and over again. But once I got into the actual story line, I had to finish reading all 3 to find out what happened. All I know is they better not pick Kirsten Stewart to play her in the movie!!! I really hope they pick that Ian Somerhalter from Lost/Vampire Diaries to play Christian. Ow ow!

Unknown said...

Hello Steph! First off, thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog and for following me :) I'm so happy to follow your blog too and read up on your entries! I've heard so much about these books and I enjoyed reading your reviews...I guess I just need to get my butt to the bookstore or library to start reading them too so I can actually have more input. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on them though, I'm even more intrigued to go read them.

Happy to *meet* you & your blog and look forward to reading more from you! :)

Unknown said...

I got over here from the link up :)

OH my gosh I thought the same thing about this book and the series. I was so embarrassed reading them and I wish I had a kindle for the purpose of concealing my reading choices from others.

Thanks for the honest review. I look forward to reading more from you!

Post a Comment

LOVE and thank you so much for all of your comments! :)