Parmesan Crusted Tilapia

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

| | |












Ever since the Chicken Tamale Bake I made a couple weeks ago, I've been so psyched about Pinning new recipes for me to create at home.  I've come up with a goal to try out something new each week.
I found the Parmesan Crusted Tilapia from Food.com and the instructions looked pretty easy!








The Ingredient List:

○ 3-4 tilapia fillets, depending on size (I used three though they were kind of small, I could have used four)

○ 1/4 cup bread crumbs

○ 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

○ 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning

○ 1 teaspoon garlic powder

○ 1 tablespoon lemon juice 

○ salt

○ pepper

○ olive oil











What To Do?

○ Thaw and wash tilapia fillets if frozen; pat dry with paper towels.

○ On a plate, combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.  Mix well.

○ On a separate plate, pour 1 tablespoon lemon juice.

○ Place fillet on the plate in the lemon juice and add kosher salt.  Just a reminder:  Don't use too much because of the salt that is already in the other seasonings (crumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder.)  Turn over on other side to coat with lemon juice and add more salt if desired.

○ Dredge fillet into the mixture of seasonings and pat to coat.

○ Place in an oiled baking dish and repeat with the other fillets.

○ Sprinkle a little lemon juice and olive oil over top of the fillets that are all now in the baking dish.

○ Bake fillets at 425°F for about 20 minutes or until the edges are browning.












They turned out spectacular!
How do I know?
The Hubs said: "I can eat this everyday."
... and he doesn't like to eat fish much.
WIN!!










0 comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE and thank you so much for all of your comments! :)