One Year Anniversary for... Quitting Smoking!

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

| | |









Excuse my language.
But...
I fucking did it!

One year ago, I got into my car to go to work.  I had no cigarettes and said to myself, "I'll try this out."
That's the first and last time I've ever tried to quit smoking in my 13 year run with it.
It wasn't easy.  Shit, it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through.  I wanted to kill myself (not literally) and other people (somewhat literally) for the first few weeks.





You can read all about my beginning of it all here.

Those that haven't smoked heavily or smoked for a long period of time don't really know how big of a deal that quitting is.  People that do know how it is have been really supportive towards me in the last year.  I posted a status on Facebook this afternoon about making it through the first year and it blew up with 80+ likes and lovely comments by my beautiful friends.  I am very thankful for all the lovin'!

Let me just say this:  Many years I've put so much trash into my body, not giving a care in the world about my future.  I'm not trying to talk badly about myself as a person but I've gone through some pretty dark years in the past.  If I can make a huge accomplishment like this, just about anyone else can as well!

Good luck to those I know (and don't know) that are making the decision to quit now.
Once you get over that hump, you'll be so happy you made it through!

I look forward to continuing on my way to a healthier lifestyle. ☺
















3 comments:

WhatJeanLikes said...

Stephanie!! Congratulations on this milestone! It's quite amazing that you were able to quit let alone stay cigarette free for a year!! It's so much better for your health. Cheers to you!

Aloha,

Jean www.whatjeanlikes.com

Brigid said...

You rock!! I've had some friends who keep trying to quit, so I know how hard the journey can be. I hope you rewarded yourself w/ a cute pair of shoes...or two!

Brandy said...

Congratulations! That is awesome!
I was so proud of my mom for quitting (even though she HAD to for health reasons) it's still a proud thing because actually did it instead of ignoring doctors orders. Same for my dad, but he's struggled a bit, he moved from cigarettes to cigars thinking it's "better", silly man. But he's been trying. And my brother has just started Chantix to try quitting.
I'm always so proud to see people quit.
Reward yourself! :)

Post a Comment

LOVE and thank you so much for all of your comments! :)