Southwest Chicken Tortilla Soup

Thursday, April 18, 2013

| | |

Yum yum yum.
I keep meaning to post about this wonderful recipe Pin that I found.
I actually made this Chicken Tortilla soup a couple of months ago when the Hubs and I were sick.
We both liked it a lot and ate it for lunch and dinner that day. ☺
You can find the original at A Night Owl blog.

When it comes to soup, Steve doesn't really eat it unless it's thick 'n creamy.  But, I believe the tomato puree helped thicken this one up a little and it turned out fantastic.
And pretty easy to make too!






The recipe calls for a rotisserie chicken.  Instead I used shredded chicken breasts and added Rotisserie Chicken seasoning.













Ingredients

○ 1 28oz can Classico Crushed Tomatoes (I used Hunts)

○ ¼ cup Classico Heavy Tomato Puree (I used Hunts for this as well)

○ 1 can whole black beans, drained

○ 1 can corn, drained

○ 1 can green chilies

○ 1 can Chicken broth

○ 1 package taco seasoning

○ 1 shredded rotisserie chicken

○ Optional: shredded cheese (yes please!)

○ Optional: sour cream (I used Greek Yogurt)

○ Optional: tostado shells or fried corn tortillas





What To Do?

○ In a large pot mix together tomatoes, heavy tomato puree, black beans, corn, green chilies, chicken broth, taco seasoning and shredded chicken.

○ Bring to a boil then lower heat to simmer for 30 minutes.  Stir every now and then.

○ That's it!  Spoon into bowls.  Add shredded cheese, sour cream (or Greek Yogurt) and whatever else your heart desires.








I'm pretty sure you could eat this any time of the year.  Enjoy!
















0 comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE and thank you so much for all of your comments! :)