Yum yum yum.
I keep meaning to post about this wonderful recipe Pin that I found.
I actually made this Chicken Tortilla soup a couple of months ago when the Hubs and I were sick.
We both liked it a lot and ate it for lunch and dinner that day. ☺
You can find the original at A Night Owl blog.
When it comes to soup, Steve doesn't really eat it unless it's thick 'n creamy. But, I believe the tomato puree helped thicken this one up a little and it turned out fantastic.
And pretty easy to make too!
The recipe calls for a rotisserie chicken. Instead I used shredded chicken breasts and added Rotisserie Chicken seasoning.
○ 1 28oz can Classico Crushed Tomatoes (I used Hunts)
○ ¼ cup Classico Heavy Tomato Puree (I used Hunts for this as well)
○ 1 can whole black beans, drained
○ 1 can corn, drained
○ 1 can green chilies
○ 1 can Chicken broth
○ 1 package taco seasoning
○ 1 shredded rotisserie chicken
○ Optional: shredded cheese (yes please!)
○ Optional: sour cream (I used Greek Yogurt)
○ Optional: tostado shells or fried corn tortillas
What To Do?
○ In a large pot mix together tomatoes, heavy tomato puree, black beans, corn, green chilies, chicken broth, taco seasoning and shredded chicken.
○ Bring to a boil then lower heat to simmer for 30 minutes. Stir every now and then.
○ That's it! Spoon into bowls. Add shredded cheese, sour cream (or Greek Yogurt) and whatever else your heart desires.
I'm pretty sure you could eat this any time of the year. Enjoy!