Book Review: The Goddess Test

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

| | |










From Goodreads:
EVERY GIRL WHO HAS TAKEN THE TEST HAS DIED.

NOW IT'S KATE'S TURN. 

It's always been just Kate and her mom--and her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear that her mother won't live past the fall.

Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld--and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.

Kate is sure he's crazy--until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she suceeds, she'll become Henry's future bride and a goddess.

IF SHE FAILS...






I fell upon The Goddess Test after I joined a Young Adult book club on Goodreads and this was one of the books they put up for the month of December.
I read it in about 2-3 nights.  Amazing, fun and I loved the characters!  Kate is strong at heart and super brave.  Henry couldn't come into the book fast enough, I enjoyed reading about how their relationship grew.  The words that come to mind that describe this book are action filled and light romance.  I even teared up a couple times!
Aimee Carter did a beautiful job recreating the myth.  Before you buy it let me just say that YES, there is a little greek mythology since Hades and Persephone are in it.. but it's not re-telling the story.  It's a young adult book and a fast read at that.  I have never read any books that spun off on greek mythology and I actually found it to be quite fascinating.  
Even though I've started on another series, I plan to go back and read the other books that belong in this series.  I'm pretty sure I'll love them :)










0 comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE and thank you so much for all of your comments! :)