Sunday Social

Sunday, September 9, 2012

| | |




Sunday Social





Hope everyone's having a lovely Sunday Funday!
I'll be working of course but am looking forward to my usual Monday-Thursday off hanging out with my babes.

Sunday Social is hosted by A Complete Waste of Makeup.
Check her out, loving her blog!


Questions of the Week:



1. What is the name of your blog and how did you come up with it??
      
The Backwards Bride.  
I started my blog almost a year ago (next month actually AHH!) and my main focus was blogging about my upcoming wedding (that happened on March 31, 2012) and my mommy hood adventures.
Baby First = Marriage Later
The name to me I thought was a perfect fit :)

2. What do you love the most about blogging?? 

I love being able to share my life and photos.  I have loved meeting new people... following their blogs and vice versa.  It's also a healthy habit that I've added to my list.  It's nice when someone asks me, "What do you do for fun?" and I actually have something to answer with.

3. What are your 2 favorite posts you've written?


AND
My very first post that I just read. Aww :)


4. What is something you'd want to tell someone just starting out in blog world? 

Don't expect anything.  When I started, I never thought I would have gone through with it for this long!
Just go with the flow.  Keep blogging.  If you don't have any ideas... find blog hops to keep you posting regularly.  I don't know what bloggers did before there were blog hops?  I feel like I came into this at just the right time!

5. Biggest blogging learning experience you've had? 

Even though life can make me busy, I have to remember to check my comments that people leave on my posts.  People have ignored me on theirs and that's not nice!  I've learned that I need to stay connected to all my followers... Blogging is more than just posting.
I've also learned that Google is my friend.  Even though my blog design is NOWHERE close to where I want... Googling tips and tricks has saved me from throwing my Hubs flat screen monitor across the room!

6. Give us 3 blogs we NEED to be following that you love. 












8 comments:

Girl In Beta said...

I just have to say, I love that you're marching to the beat of your own drum.

I love how you're saying, "No, this isn't traditional, but this is what's right for me and my family."

Your family is adorable, and congrats on your recent wedding.

:)

Rachel said...

I love your picture on your blog header! I really haven't had any trouble coming up with ideas for the blog, but I've only been at it a few months so it may be because I'm new. I also think your blog name is very appropriate!

Melanie said...

I found you via the Sunday Social link-up. I love your post and your blog! Your title is so catchy! This link-up is such a great way to get to know people!

I hope you stop by my blog to get to know me better! Plus, I have a Starbucks giveaway ending tonight!
Following from http://careerdesirestobottlesanddiapers.blogspot.com/

Anni S said...

Hey there!

Stopping by from the GFC blog hop today :)

I´m a new follower!

Smooches from Germany and have a nice day!
Anni // Grapefruitprincess ReLoaded

Unknown said...

Hi,
Following from the GFC blog hop.
I look forward to reading along in the future :)

Natalie x
homebirdeconomics.blogspot.co.uk

Kasey said...

Just found your blog through the blog hop and wanted to say hello :) I love your blog name, very cute!! please come check out my blog and follow along!! :):)

http://braceface87.blogspot.com/

menopausal mama said...

What an adorable blog you have!! Love the wedding pic at the top! Newest follower from the GFC blog hop. Would LOVE it if you could stop by my humorous blog site for a visit and a follow back---I would be very grateful! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I love reading everyone's responses. :) I will check out those three blogs you mentioned. Thanks :)

I am your newest follower from the GFC hop. If you have a moment and would like to, you can visit me here The Things We Find Inside
Thanks,
Tami

Post a Comment

LOVE and thank you so much for all of your comments! :)